Sunday, March 7, 2010

Why I love Smart Mouths

I've mentioned it in my Ten Things Tuesday, but I feel the need to elaborate on what Smart Mouths really is. It's a podcast put together by a group of twenty-somethings who talk about what's going on in the world. What I love is that they are able to present the news in a format that's easy to understand, and is truly enjoyable. I don't watch really watch the news on tv, because there's nothing engaging about it. With Smart Mouths, even political discussions are interesting to listen to, which is certainly saying something. I hate politics. So often, discussions are so one sided, or they get way too personal. But Smart Mouths is able to have a discussion without their personal party affiliations getting in the way. They are able to have their views, but still recognize when something that someone does from their party is bogus. They don't automatically bash someone, or hero-worship someone, because of their party, they look at the situation and base their opinions on what the see and hear at the time. Smart Mouths podcast is news I can get behind, made by people like me, who aren't afraid to say what they think, but say it in a way that anyone can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment